- 2016 - Present -Founder/CEO CvilleTrep, LLC
- 2005 - 2015 -Director iLab and Center for Entrepreneurial Leaders -Senior Lecturer, Darden Graduate School of Business, U. Virginia
- Responsible for the experiential entrepreneurship program funded by the Batten Institute.
- Ranked #3 by Financial Times 2016, # 5 Princeton Review 2013
- Responsible for creating the UVA Cup
- Created and ran the iLab Incubator with MJ Toms and Kathy Carr.
- Created, with Debbie White, the physical space known as the iLab & iLab Incubator.
- 1999 - 2005 -Founder Alsacia & Sommer, Inc.
- Advised early stage Med-Tech Companies on Strategy, M & A, Competitive Analysis and Funding Strategies.
- Founder Sentek. Developer of Non-invasive blood glucose devices for diabetics
- 1987 - 1998 -Founder and Managing Partner of WestMed Venture Partners, CIBC/Oppenheimer, Corp. affiliated Life-Sciences Venture Capital Fund.
- Raised $50million Venture Capital Fund.
- 1982 - 1986 Director of Business Development Pfizer, Inc. Hospital Products Group
- Managed over $200million in Mergers and Acquisition transactions domestically and internationally.
- 1980 - 1982 -Associate Booz Allen & Hamilton Inc.
- Health and Medical Practice
1979 Columbia University, MBA - Finance
1974 Amherst College, BA - cum laude -Neuroscience
- 2017 - Present: Director Wildrock
- Wildrock is a nature play and discovery center outside Charlottesville, Virginia.
- 2012 - Present: Director & Faculty Community Investment Collaborative (CIC)
- CIC is a startup micro-financing, educational and mentoring organization in Charlottesville, VA.
- 2016 - Present: Member Charlottesville Angel Network (CAN)
- 2005 - Present: Member of the iLab Incubator selection committee, and mentor.
- Served on the boards of: SpermCheck, Inc; Phthisis Diagnostics, Inc
While at UVA served on several UVa committees: Darden Scholarship Committee; Darden Incubator Admissions Committee; Coulter Foundation Grant to the Biomedical Engineering Department; NanoSTAR Institute (nanotechnology); Buchanan Endowment Program of the Medical School; Launch Pad Fund supporting diabetes research; several search committees within the University.